Frequently, along life’s pathway, there is a need to pause and revisit the fundamentals of Christianity. While we know them, we must keep them in remembrance. This is what Peter was suggesting in 2 Peter 1:12, “Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth”.
In light of this need, the Christians that meet at the Pope Road Gospel Hall in Summerside, PE, hosted six nights of Bible Readings on Basic Christian Truth. These Bible Readings were lead by John Meekin (Bridgewater, NS), Scott MacLeod (Darlington, PE), and Brody Thibodeau (Cambellton, PE).
1) Jan 9th – Salvation: Our forgiveness; the position we experience (Opened by John Meekin)
2) Jan 23rd – Baptism: Our furtherance; the profession we exhibit (Opened by Scott MacLeod)
3) Feb 6th – Doctrine: Our foundation; the principles we espouse (Opened by Brody Thibodeau)
4) Feb 20th Assembly Fellowship: Our fellowship; the participation we enjoy (Opened by John Meekin)
5) Mar 6th – The Lord’s Supper: Our function; the proclamation we express (Opened by Scott MacLeod)
6) Mar 20th – The Prayer Meeting: Our focus; the pursuit in which we’re engaged (Opened by Brody Thibodeau)